In addition to the news of the cancellation of the Two Counties 2020 Leagues, we have also heard from the 30/30 league organisers who are keeping their options open ahead of any ECB announcement. Thoughts at this stage are:
1) Min 8 weeks left of original season, each of the 8 clubs could play each other once ?
2) As above, however split into two groups of 4 and play each other home and away (not an obvious split though with "5 Ipswich clubs" and "3 North Suffolk"
3) Less than 8 weeks left of the season, clubs arrange their own fixtures on "friendly" basis
4) Less than 8 weeks we have a cup & plate competition, then if a club gets knocked out in both, can look to arrange friendlies against other teams that also lost.
5) Possibility for some clubs to play Saturdays in September( if agreed with both clubs), if the two counties doesn’t re start, to help create a few extra dates for games, this would also be dependent on player and ground availability.
6) Scrap the season and allow teams to organise local friendlies, this will help reduce travel and costs.